Fresh grated beetroot is high in folate which is great for fighting fatigue.
The beetroot also gives these popular Aussie veggie burgers great colour and taste.
Takes 20 minutes to make and is enough for 4 burgers.
Ingredients you will need
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 small beetroot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp korma curry paste
- 750g can four bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh coriander leaves
- 20g (1/4 cup) quinoa flakes
- 2 tbs quinoa flakes, extra
- 2 wholegrain (or sourdough) rolls, split, toasted
- 80ml (1/3 cup) beetroot tzatziki
- Baby spinach leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- Microherbs, to serve
Method – 4 Easy Steps
Step 1– Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Add chopped onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add coarsely grated carrot and beetroot and cook for 2 minutes.
Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until aromatic.
Set aside to cool completely
Step 2– Process bean mix and coriander in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
Place onion mixture, bean mixture and quinoa in a bowl. Use hands to mix until combined.
Shape into 4 flat patties.
Place extra quinoa on a plate.
Press patties into quinoa to lightly coat.
Step 3– Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
Transfer to paper towel to drain.
Step 4- Top roll bases with tzatziki, spinach, patties, cucumber and herbs.
Sandwich between toasted split rolls.
These Aussie veggie burgers will be popular at any time and casual gatherings.
Back to more recipes
More about Aussie favorite foods